Celebs are trading in their gowns for stunning pantsuits on the red carpet in 2019. Why is this trend exploding?
Suits have become a major fashion player on red carpets across the world, with some of the world’s best dressed female celebrities embracing the look.
Why is this trend exploding?
1. It is unforgettable. A beautifully styled suit creates a powerful statement.
2. Suits encourage confidence. Kesha wore a suit to the Grammy’s saying it made her feel “empowered and strong”.
3. Suits are flattering for all body shapes and photograph well, according to stylist to the celebrities, Jennifer Rade.
4. The #MeToo movement has helped to redefine women’s fashion. Fashion’s centre of gravity has shifted. Women want clothes that make them feel good about themselves, without undermining them. That doesn’t mean that a bit of cleavage is out of the question, but it has naturally led to a tendency for hemlines to become longer and silhouettes to become looser.
5. Suits are super comfortable and perfect for a long night of festivities.
Want to shop these red carpet looks? Shop these looks online now here.
Hurry. Limited quantities available.
Published 14 April 2019.